This blog is a celebration of the wonderful world of vegan cooking. Enjoy!

* The title of this blog refutes the dangerous idea that veganism is a weight-loss diet and that all vegans are skinny. Conversely, being a-not-so-skinny-vegan is also not the same as being overweight or unhealthy. All food intake must be part of a balanced lifestyle.

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Broken vegan

If any one of my four readers is wondering why I haven't posted many recipes lately it is because I fell down some stairs in my garden and fractured a bone in my ankle. I also tore a bunch of stuff around my ankle that should generally stay untorn. As a result I've been working from home and when one works from home one tends to spend a lot of what would normally be "home time" doing work. I also can't walk so can only get around on crutches. Of course when I'm at home I spin around the place on my computer chair but have so far ended up with more food on the floor while trying to cook than in my tummy so the cooking has slowed down. I did try to make a Chai and berry muffin that failed terribly. I will adjust and try again soon.

On a brighter note I did get four cookbooks from my parents for my birthday yesterday (this, this, this and this) and another off some lovely friends (thanks Stevo, Gypsy and Kate!). Also, Chris bought me Jonathan Safran Foer's Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close: A Novel. Apparently the main character is a vegan. Foer himself is vegetarian. So I look forward to some new vegan adventures and recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment