This blog is a celebration of the wonderful world of vegan cooking. Enjoy!

* The title of this blog refutes the dangerous idea that veganism is a weight-loss diet and that all vegans are skinny. Conversely, being a-not-so-skinny-vegan is also not the same as being overweight or unhealthy. All food intake must be part of a balanced lifestyle.

Friday, September 11, 2009

Vegan Sour Cream

I really like the "sour cream" that My Heart Garden in St Lucia uses on their Mexican Wrap. It's vegan and I always wondered how they made it. So I Googled a bit and think I have some idea.

The idea involves tofu and lemon.

All my ideas seem to involve tofu and lemon.

Lucky I have a lemon tree that grows all by itself and provides buckets of lemons.

In other news I cooked Geoff more banana cake and his oven also sucks and almost burned it.

Also, Geoff and I are going camping this weekend in the Gold Coast Hinterland. I cannot describe how much I hate camping but I'm excited about the prospect of cooking a picnic basket for the weekend and seeing waterfalls.

We are having Mexican tonight (because all I think about all day is food) and I will try out my sour cream idea.

I shared one of my delicious MarketSpice teabags from Seattle with a friend from work today. I think I have her addicted as well. I may start a tea distribution company.

No comments:

Post a Comment