This blog is a celebration of the wonderful world of vegan cooking. Enjoy!

* The title of this blog refutes the dangerous idea that veganism is a weight-loss diet and that all vegans are skinny. Conversely, being a-not-so-skinny-vegan is also not the same as being overweight or unhealthy. All food intake must be part of a balanced lifestyle.

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Trifle


I loved trifle when I was a kid. I used to look forward to it every Christmas. So when I saw the Gelatine Free jelly at my local Coles I jumped at the chance to make it.

I just baked a very simple vanilla cake, cut it up, put it in a dish, poured white wine over the cake and let it set and soak in. Then I made up some custard with custard powder and soy milk and poured it over the cake making sure there was enough custard to be completely soaked up by the cake. Then I topped it with jelly, coconut and nuts. I also got the Soy Whipped Cream out later and chucked that on too. Yum! Geoff was away so it last for many delicious days.

No comments:

Post a Comment