This blog is a celebration of the wonderful world of vegan cooking. Enjoy!

* The title of this blog refutes the dangerous idea that veganism is a weight-loss diet and that all vegans are skinny. Conversely, being a-not-so-skinny-vegan is also not the same as being overweight or unhealthy. All food intake must be part of a balanced lifestyle.

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Potato Bake


I got a bit reminiscent these holidays. I missed the potato bake my Aunty Di used to make every time we had a family dinner. So I attempted a vegan one using rice cream from Mrs Flannery's.

I layered sliced potato, onion and cream and then topped it with some Greek soy cheese I get from Pigeon Pear Deli in Middle Park and tomato. It was okay but nothing like the original. I've since found a better cream at Mrs Flannery's in Taringa (I used it to make creamy mushroom pasta with fresh basil and pine nuts the other night) so perhaps I will try again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment