This blog is a celebration of the wonderful world of vegan cooking. Enjoy!

* The title of this blog refutes the dangerous idea that veganism is a weight-loss diet and that all vegans are skinny. Conversely, being a-not-so-skinny-vegan is also not the same as being overweight or unhealthy. All food intake must be part of a balanced lifestyle.

Sunday, February 13, 2011

inSpiral, London

When I go to London I like to make the most of the variety of vegan restaurants available. We had decided to meet some friends for brunch last Sunday and I thought finding a vegan restaurant serving brunch would be easy. It wasn't. Most places don't open until 12pm and the only ones with actual brunchy food on the menu were pricey.

The last time I was in London I met some friends in Camden Town. I'm not Camden's biggest fan but I did spot a cafe that advertised vegan food so I decided to give it a try.

The cafe is inSpiral and it's just a few hundred metres up from the Camden Town tube stop. They have a huge range of vegan meals, drinks and desserts and the cafe is a bit of a tight squeeze (especially when it is as busy as it was on Sunday!) but has a wonderful view of the river and opposite markets.

The food was spectacular. I had a toasted focaccia which was only £3.95. The meals that the others had were £7.95 which I would consider a bit pricey but taking into account the fact that this is the UK and that my friends said the meals were delicious I'm happy to let it slide.

The coffee was really good. In fact, I'd almost go back just for the coffee since no where else in the UK seems to be able to make reasonable coffee. And, of course, I had to try the desserts. Geoff ordered a Key Lime Pie which was tasty but my Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecake knocked its socks off.

This is definitely going to be a cafe I will visit often.

Olive Bread Focaccia with Almond Pesto, Sundried Tomatoes & Rocket Salad
Spelt Crusted Chunky Vegetable Ratatouilli
Nut Loaf
Key Lime Pie
Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecake

No comments:

Post a Comment