This blog is a celebration of the wonderful world of vegan cooking. Enjoy!

* The title of this blog refutes the dangerous idea that veganism is a weight-loss diet and that all vegans are skinny. Conversely, being a-not-so-skinny-vegan is also not the same as being overweight or unhealthy. All food intake must be part of a balanced lifestyle.

Thursday, December 17, 2009

A Vegan Christmas: Part One

Geoff is spending Christmas with us this year so we've invited his family over to my house for dinner this Sunday. Of course, the meal is going to have to be vegan since it is my house and I'm cooking. Except there are a few catches that Geoff informed me of after he invited them:

1. they like meat,
2. they like milk and eggs,
3. they don't like anything out of the ordinary (so anything but meat and 3 veg),
4. they don't like mushrooms,
5. they don't drink alcohol.

What the hell am I going to cook?!?!?!

3 comments:

  1. Hmm... I'd be inclined to go the "take no prisoners" option, and make it the whackiest, veganest meal you can think of.

    Or you might like to keep your friend. What about a "neatloaf" like the one the vegetarian eatery in the Ville do? I don't know how to make it, but it's probably the most meat-like vegan (? I think it's vegan ?) food I've eaten?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought about nutloaf. I've got a couple of recipes here. I've been going through my recipe books and watching Love Actually. I like Christmas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the idea of a curry. I know it's not meat and three vege...I went really easy on the spices and even my dad liked it. Well, he said he did! We did a green vege curry, with lots of pumpkin and chickpeas. Yum.

    Caitlin

    ReplyDelete