This blog is a celebration of the wonderful world of vegan cooking. Enjoy!

* The title of this blog refutes the dangerous idea that veganism is a weight-loss diet and that all vegans are skinny. Conversely, being a-not-so-skinny-vegan is also not the same as being overweight or unhealthy. All food intake must be part of a balanced lifestyle.

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Carnivwhore

I saw this lovely post today. I thought it was really sweet.

Despite the fact that the author has made the decision to eat meat she has made an informed choice and hasn't tried to deter her child from another path. I feel much better about carnivwhores like her.

3 comments:

  1. Why is wearing meat so obviously more terrible than eating it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because at least when you eat you get nutrients from it so the animal didn't die in vain! Obviously I don't advocate eating or wearing meat but if I had to choose between the two I would certainly go with eating it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just being picky cause I didn't like her tone. :P It's not completely in vain, because by wearing the meat you are protecting yourself from weather and keeping your body at a comfortable temperature. Also, people wear leather and furs, which involve dead animals.

    ReplyDelete