This blog is a celebration of the wonderful world of vegan cooking. Enjoy!

* The title of this blog refutes the dangerous idea that veganism is a weight-loss diet and that all vegans are skinny. Conversely, being a-not-so-skinny-vegan is also not the same as being overweight or unhealthy. All food intake must be part of a balanced lifestyle.

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Soya Whipped Cream


People often think they are being clever when they inform me that vegan-friendly replacements taste nothing like the original. I have taste buds; I'm aware of this. However, once you have made the moral decision not to rely on other animals to feed you you make sacrifices. This is the same as most things in life. If you really like driving but are trying to reduce your 'carbon footprint' you might catch the bus to work every day but drive on weekends. Or vice versa.

Anyhow, I like the soya whipped cream. I can't remember what real whipped cream tastes like. I just remember the texture and this has the same texture. I also am not much of a fan of whipped cream but like the novelty of being able to have it. So I've been making iced chocolates.

Geoff is quite a fan (he can't really have much dairy).

I bought the cream from Mrs Flannery's in Taringa. I also bought some sour cream and normal cream to try out but both had their seals broken and were already off. I did get replacements but never picked them up. I'm a busy vegan. But I did get vegan parmesan and savoury yeast. So I'm looking forward to perhaps making a potato bake or creamy guacamole.

No comments:

Post a Comment