This blog is a celebration of the wonderful world of vegan cooking. Enjoy!

* The title of this blog refutes the dangerous idea that veganism is a weight-loss diet and that all vegans are skinny. Conversely, being a-not-so-skinny-vegan is also not the same as being overweight or unhealthy. All food intake must be part of a balanced lifestyle.

Thursday, April 15, 2010

I went to Hudson's Hamburgers...

...and I drank a Diet Pepsi. Why?

Still, I thought the ambience was kind of nice (in a real, American, counter food sort of way). They had a picture of the old store 100 years ago and the menu was pretty much the same. I kind of liked the fact that they found something they were good at and stuck to it.

How did I end up there in the first place? Well, the Cambridge crew are trying to kill me (actually, they just forgot I was vegan). But it's okay as one member made up for my veganism by eating 2 double cheeseburgers and 1 normal cheeseburger. Maybe I should stay away from them. This afternoon involved a high power speed boat on the Coeur d'Alene lake. It was a lovely mix of exhilirating and petrifying. Although, we were all a little scared when we got stuck on top of some sort of old junk wharf lying on the bottom of the lake.

Last night we went to the Coeur d'Alene Brewing Co. I had a huge plate of pita and hummus and one of the on-site brewed beers called the Centennial Ale. It was actually quite good!

Only 2 more days of the conference left and then I'm back to Seattle.

EDIT: Since this was posted two of the Cambridge crew accompanied me on a mountain walk and tried to get me to fall down the very steep descent. We then discovered some unusual gigantic tank and they were planning to use me as a sacrafice to the US government. I have since convinced myself that Cambridge is only prestigous because they kill off the competition.

No comments:

Post a Comment