This blog is a celebration of the wonderful world of vegan cooking. Enjoy!

* The title of this blog refutes the dangerous idea that veganism is a weight-loss diet and that all vegans are skinny. Conversely, being a-not-so-skinny-vegan is also not the same as being overweight or unhealthy. All food intake must be part of a balanced lifestyle.

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Seattle: My vegan adventure plan interrupted

I am so jetlagged. I went to sleep at 7pm and woke back up at 12am. Which is equivalent to going to sleep at 12pm in Australia and waking up at 5pm. It makes no sense in either time zone.

To try to combat falling asleep at 5pm I decided to take a rather freezing walk to Whole Foods Westlake. I didn't make it. I made it exactly half a block when I saw a coffee house called Bedlam who advertised that they had Mighty O's vegan donuts inside. So I bought coffee and an orange glazed donut and came back to my room. I drank the coffee by six and fell asleep by seven. The coffee was very good but pointless. There is no such thing as a pointless vegan donut.

 They are doing road works or something nearby and I can hear everything. Luckily I'm awake at midnight. I will have to buy earplugs, though, for the next few nights.

It was 8 degrees C today. And raining. I got Brisbane's weather in my iGoogle and was very jealous of the little cloud and 24 degrees. I'm going to miss the sunshine. But I have donuts so it's all okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment